Lucknow Hotel Fire: Three Owners, General Manager Booked Over Blaze That Claimed Four Lives

Lucknow Hotel Fire: Three Owners, General Manager Booked Over Blaze That Claimed Four Lives

The police have filed charges against four persons in connection with the Monday morning fire at the Levana Suites Hotel in Hazratganj, Lucknow, that killed four people, news agency PTI reported.

Following the “due process,” officials issued demolition orders for the four-story structure.

Speaking with PTI, Joint Commissioner of Police Piyush Mordia stated: “A case has been registered against owners Rahul Agarwal, Rohit Agarwal, Pawan Agarwal and Sagar Srivastava, the general manager of the hotel under IPC sections 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) and 308 (attempt to commit culpable homicide).”

Meanwhile, Indramani Tripathi, vice-chairman of the Lucknow Development Authority, informed PTI that the hotel’s sealing will begin early Tuesday morning.

Lucknow Hotel Fire

According to the information, the fire broke out in the hotel on Monday morning. After this, the rescue work started and most of the 40 people staying in the hotel have been rescued. However, four people died due to fire and smoke. 

Four policemen involved in the rescue workers were admitted to the Civil Hospital in serious condition. It is being told that the hotel operators did not even take the NOC of the fire department.

“The deceased have been identified as Gurnoor Singh Anand (28), a resident of Naka Hindola (Lucknow), Sahiba Kaur alias Jaspreet (26), a resident of Ganeshganj (Lucknow), Shravika Singh (30), a resident of Indiranagar (Lucknow) and Aman Ghazi alias Bobby (35), a resident of Khurramnagar (Lucknow),” the Lucknow district administration said in a statement.

Ujjawal, who was staying on the second floor of the hotel, said the fire broke out at around 7 am and he saw smoke in his room.

Also Read  WATCH: Moments Before Cyrus Mistry's Car Mishap, Police Obtain CCTV Footage

“When I came out, I along with others tried to get out, but thick smoke engulfed the entire floor. I could not see anything due to the smoke. Then we reached the third floor and broke a window to come out and were rescued,” he said as quoted by PTI.

(With Inputs From PTI)