PT Jyothi Datta | New Delhi, June 8 |
RT-PCR test of covid 19 virus in progress near Azadpur villege in New Delhi on Tuesday. (Sushil Kumar Verma/The Hindu)
Here is a curation of top Covid-related news of the day
# Unease on the rising TPR, but no panic yet: India’s Covid-19 cases are on the rise and the weekly test positivity ratio (TPR) — a key parameter to assess the spread of the infection — is inching close to a level where public health experts start feeling uneasy. But there is no pressing the panic button as yet.
# Daily tally: India reported 5,233 new cases and seven deaths in the last 24 hours.
# Variant reported from Maharashtra: A 31-year-old woman from Pune was found positive for the B.A.5 variant, the Maharashtra Health Department has said. The state reported 1,881 new cases yesterday.
# Funding the pandemic response: Faced with rising expenditure and low revenues in the first year of the pandemic, most States had to borrow more to fund their pandemic response.
- Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
- Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
- Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters, or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text. (example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
- We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
- Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.