Money & Banking
Hikes 1-2 years term deposit rate by 15 basis points to 5.25 per cent
Karnataka Bank has increased the interest rate on its domestic and NRE rupee term deposits (one to two years term) by 15 basis points to 5.25 per cent per annum from 5.10 per cent for deposits up to ₹10 crore effective May 21.
Quoting Mahabaleshwara MS, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the bank, a statement said that this upward revision in the deposit rate is in line with the market trend and is likely attact investors .
- Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
- Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
- Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters, or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text. (example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
- We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
- Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.