An Aussie has shared their revulsion after realising they had inadvertently been drinking spider “essence” after a huge creepy crawly was apparently boiled alive in their kettle.
Taking to Snapchat recently, the social media user revealed they had consumed several cups of tea or coffee before making the grim discovery.
They also shared a picture of the huge arachnid – which most disturbingly was missing one leg.
“Just found a giant spider inside the kettle … I think I boiled him and drank his essence,” the Snapchat user wrote, accompanied by vomit emojis.
The picture was also shared on Facebook, where it sparked an outpouring of disgust.
“Wonder where its 8th leg is …,” one person asked.
“This is why I have a glass kettle. I had a funnel-web who ended up with a similar fate,” another revealed.
“I laugh reacted to this, but really I wanted to vomit react,” said another.
It has been a big week for creepy Aussie animals, with locals revealing they had spotted a venomous red-bellied black snake at Sydney’s popular Maroubra beach earlier this month.
And yesterday, a video went viral which showed a snake hitching a ride on a NSW couple’s car as they drove through regional NSW.
Rachael Pace managed to film the startling encounter with the huge reptile as it suddenly popped up next to her boyfriend Kyle Vella’s window as he was driving in Stroud on the NSW mid north coast.
The terrifying video has gone viral on social media with more than 100 comments and 400 shares of Ms Pace’s Facebook post.