News World News

Donald Trump Jr tests positive for COVID-19

Donald Trump Jr has tested positive for coronavirus.The President’s oldest son tested positive for COVID-19 at the start of the week and has been “quarantining out at his cabin since the result”, a spokesman told CBS News.“He’s been completely asymptomatic so far and is following all medically recommended COVID-19 guidelines,” the spokesman said.The 42-year-old had…

Donald Trump Jr has tested positive for coronavirus.

The President’s oldest son tested positive for COVID-19 at the start of the week and has been “quarantining out at his cabin since the result”, a spokesman told CBS News.

“He’s been completely asymptomatic so far and is following all medically recommended COVID-19 guidelines,” the spokesman said.

The 42-year-old had until now managed to escape infection, even after his girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle caught the virus in July and his father in October.

It comes just after Andrew Giuliani, the son of Mr Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, announced he had tested positive.

Other members of Mr Trump’s inner circle to have contracted the virus in recent weeks include White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Dr Ben Carson, and top aides David Bossie and Corey Lewandowski.

The US is currently experiencing a fresh rise in COVID-19 cases as the country heads into the holiday season.

The country has recorded more than 1.1 million new cases in the last week, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Presumptive President-elect Joe Biden has warned of a “dark winter” and urged Americans to re-think their Thanksgiving plans.

Earlier this week Mr Biden claimed “more people may die” if Mr Trump continued to delay the transition process. The President has so far refused to concede, claiming the election was “rigged”.

Meanwhile, Reuters reported on Friday that drug giant Pfizer was applying to US health regulators for an emergency use authorisation of its COVID-19 vaccine.

At a press conference on Thursday, Mr Biden insisted he would not seek to order a nationwide lockdown.

That came days after his coronavirus adviser, Dr Michael Osterholm, warned of “COVID hell” and advocated a total lockdown “for four to six weeks”.

“Everybody asks that question every single time,” an annoyed Mr Biden said.

“The answer was I would follow the science. I am not going to shutdown the economy, period. I say it again. No national shutdown. No national shutdown.”

frank.chung@news.com.au

About the author

cvxgBWcuFA

Leave a Comment