On the state’s second day of its circuit breaker, South Australia recorded three new COVID-19 infections.
There are now 25 cases linked to the Parafield cluster and a further 44 are suspected cases.
All of those three new infections are in hotel quarantine and are close contacts of confirmed cases; two of them are family members of a medi-hotel security guard and the other is an aged care worker.
The state’s total is now at 553 with 37 considered active.
Restrictions in the state will be eased after news a close contact of a COVID-19 case lied about their whereabouts.
Police Commissioner Grant Stevens announced exercise within family groups or people that you reside with is now allowed effective immediately.
As of midnight on Saturday, there will be a limit of 100 people on hospitality premises and table bookings will be still limited to 10 people.
Funerals can have up to 50 people and weddings will return to a cap of 150 but there will be no dancing or drinking while standing.
Religious ceremonies will be restricted to 100 people.
Private gatherings will be capped at 50 people outdoors while gatherings in private residences will be restricted to 10 people.
Drinking alcohol while being seated is required across all venues that provide consumption of food and beverages on premises.
Personal care providers, like hairdressers or beauty therapists, will be required to wear masks and customers are strongly encouraging to wear masks at the same time.
The Commissioner said the Woodville Pizza Bar case had sparked the lockdown, but now realising the truth, he found there was room to ease many restrictions.
“The lie was the person claimed that they had purchased a pizza from the pizza shop, where in fact they were working there and had been working there for several shifts,” he said.
“That clearly changes the circumstances and had this person been truthful to the contact tracing teams, we would not have gone into a six-day lock down.”
SA Health’s Chief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier warned South Australians they could see the number of COVID-19 cases rise over the coming days.
“That is because we got so early in the beginning of this cluster, and have people put in quarantine, and when we first tested them they had not actually become positive,” she said.
“But we will be expecting that to happen now over the next couple of days.”
Premier Steven Marshall said SA Health contact tracers continued detailed case histories with confirmed cases and investigations found one of the close contacts linked to the Woodville Pizza Bar “deliberately misled our contact tracing team”.
“To say I am fuming about the actions of this individual is an absolute understatement,” Mr Marshall said.
“This selfish actions of this individual have put our whole state in a very difficult situation. His actions have affected businesses, individuals, family groups and is completely and utterly unacceptable.”
More than 4500 close contacts have put in isolation and have regularly been contacted to identify if they have shown any symptoms.
They must complete their 14 days of quarantine.