Entertainment News

Guy Sebastian’s fate on The Voice 2021 revealed

With The Voice jumping ship to Channel 7 in 2021, speculation about if the coaches will stay or not has been up circulating online.On Wednesday, Guy Sebastian’s brother Chis revealed that the 39-year-old singer would definitely be returning as a coach.“I’m going to say I’m 98 per cent sure he’s back. He’ll be back for…

With The Voice jumping ship to Channel 7 in 2021, speculation about if the coaches will stay or not has been up circulating online.

On Wednesday, Guy Sebastian’s brother Chis revealed that the 39-year-old singer would definitely be returning as a coach.

“I’m going to say I’m 98 per cent sure he’s back. He’ll be back for it, yeah,” Chris, who won in 2020, told Who magazine .

RELATED: Delta hits back over Voice controversy

However, he did admit that he had “no idea” about whether or not Delta Goodrem will be returning.

“I don’t know but I’ve got a gig with Delta in a week or two so I’ll ask her then but I’m not too sure,” the 32-year-old admitted.

Delta joined The Voice in its debut season in 2012, whereas Guy became a coach on the show in 2019.

RELATED: Guy Sebastian addresses Voice controversy

It does now seem unlikely that Boy George and Kelly Rowland will be returning as coaches, with the coronavirus pandemic limiting travel.

However, last month, Boy George admitted that he had “kindly” taken a pay cut from Channel 9 in order to secure a spot on the coaching panel in 2021.

“Truth is, I kindly took a pay cut from @TheVoiceAU because of the corona. I am also decent, and they agreed to have me next season,” the British singer tweeted.

“If I had known they would swap networks I still would have taken a financial hit because I’m decent and I never burn bridges!”

It came after New Idea claimed that he and Kelly had been dumped from the show for more local judges.

It may come as a surprise that Guy will be returning to the show, especially after he outwardly admitted that one of the biggest cheating scandals of the show in 2020 that he was involved in was completely set up by the producers.

The scandal was when Guy hit his buzzer and received an extra contestant on his team.

The 38-year-old singer opened up about the matter while appearing on97.3FM’s Robin, Terry & Bob.

RELATED: Guy slams SAS Australia: ‘I felt sick’

Guy explained how the incident was “quite orchestrated” by the producers on the show.

“I supposedly cheated on the show by pushing my button and getting an extra member on my team, and the truth bomb is, a lot of that was quite orchestrated,” he said.

“The other coaches didn’t know … but for a bit of drama cause we were dealing with COVID and everything else I got it, I understood I had to be a sacrificial lamb and be called a cheat among other things, but it was all staged.”

He said that producers told him to do it, and that he “sold it”.

The contestant that he allegedly cheated with was Wolf Winters, who did his own version of Simon and Garfunkel’s The Sound of Silence.

After the performance, Guy and Kelly Rowland went head to head when she accused him of cheating.

“Wait, you can’t do that!” Kelly yelled, with Boy George adding: “You’re full. You can’t have this man anyway.”

Guy then asked Kelly to take Wolf onto his team, to which she replied: “I’m looking for something specific. How’re you going to tell me what to look for my team?”

She then added: “You’re cheating. You are cheating!”

A producer then stepped in to stop the arguing and come to a decision on what they should do next.

“The problem we have is that unless we get Kelly to take him, we potentially have to tell him that he’s not through anymore,” the producer explained.

Wolf went onto Guy’s team, which meant that he had to lose two of his singers in the battle rounds.

About the author

cvxgBWcuFA

Leave a Comment