News Sports

Footy star, model reveal baby name

Footy star, model reveal baby name thumbnail

Former AFLW star Moana Hope and model wife Isabella Carlstrom have unveiled the name of their first child. After the pair got married last year, they have been sharing their excitement about becoming parents. And this week, the superstar couple revealed the baby’s birth on social media, documenting the labour on Instagram. Hope unveiled the infant’s…

Former AFLW star Moana Hope and model wife Isabella Carlstrom have unveiled the name of their first child.

After the pair got married last year, they have been sharing their excitement about becoming parents.

And this week, the superstar couple revealed the baby’s birth on social media, documenting the labour on Instagram.

Hope unveiled the infant’s name on Wednesday, alongside some heartwarming images.

Welcome to Morning Serve, our coverage of all the sports stories you need to know today.

Updates


Nic Savage

Former AFLW star Moana Hope and model wife Isabella Carlstrom have unveiled the name of their first child.

After the pair got married last year, they have been sharing their excitement about becoming parents.

And this week, the superstar couple revealed the baby’s birth on social media, documenting the labour on Instagram.

Hope unveiled the infant’s name on Wednesday, alongside some heartwarming images.

“This is our little Queen. Her name is Svea Hope Carlstrom and she has stollen my heart in a way that I can’t put into words. She is our perfect and I’m completely in love,” Hope posted.

“Haven’t sleep much coz I can’t stop looking at her and kissing her little face.”

Hope also posted a video to her Instagram clarifying the pronunciation of the baby’s name, which has a Swedish origin.

The 32-year-old played 20 AFLW games for Collingwood and North Melbourne before starring on Channel 10 reality show Australian Survivor.

Mike Tyson admitted he would bite a chunk Evander Holyfield’s ear off again if he was aggravated by his great rival.

Tyson’s 1997 rematch against Holyfield will forever been known as the “Bite Fight” after Iron Mike sunk his teeth into his opponent in round three.

He later explained that the gruesome act was out of anger, insisting he was on the receiving end of constant headbutting.

And, with talk of a trilogy bout on the horizon, Tyson warned Holyfield that he would struggle to hold back again if he was faced with dirty tactics.

He told Fox News: “I say, ‘No, never ever again’, but I might do it again.

“Well if he does what he was doing to get bitten, I would bite him again, yeah.”

Jack Figg, The Sun


Ellen Ransley

A man has been charged over an alleged one punch attack that left a man dead at a pub north of Brisbane on Wednesday night.

Police allege a 29-year-old man and a 49-year-old man became involved in a fight in an outdoor section of the Sundowner Hotel Motel on Aerodrome Rd at Caboolture at 10pm, where a group had earlier gathered to watch the final State of Origin game.

The young man then allegedly punched the older man in the face, forcing him to fall to the ground and hit his head on the concrete.

Emergency services performed CPR, however the Murrumba Downs man was declared dead at the scene at 11pm.

– NCA NewsWire

READ MORE: Alleged Origin punch up leaves man dead


James Matthey

Daniel Ricciardo has become the latest driver to weigh in after a host of F1 stars complained about how last weekend’s Turkish Grand Prix played out.

Lance Stroll, Max Verstappen and George Russell were among those left scratching their heads after a late resurfacing of the track saw plenty of drivers struggle with their grip, leading to plenty of spins and slides.

Ricciardo, who finished 10th in Istanbul, was no fan of the Turkish track and said it’s counterintuitive to have the fastest cars in the world hampered by conditions that aren’t suited to express pace.

“I knew everyone sitting on the couch had a fun and exciting one to watch, but to be honest, I don’t know if we learn anything from this weekend.

“We’ll probably never come to a situation like it again with this level of group. I think as well when teams are spending so much money developing cars and putting all the knowledge into designing the fastest race cars in the world, not being able to use them … if it was all the time, it would feel like a robbery.”

READ MORE: Ricciardo complains about F1 ‘robbery’


Nic Savage

Next year’s Olympic Games in Tokyo is set to be a unique spectacle, particularly for the athletes.

After years of strenuous training, the athletes are typically allowed to party and enjoy some well-deserved time off following their final event.

But that won’t be the case in 2021, as the athletes will be expected to leave Tokyo a day or two after competing.

“Staying longer in the village increases the potential for problems,” John Coates, the IOC member in charge of overseeing Tokyo preparations, said on Wednesday.

When asked if athletes would be discouraged from sightseeing, Coates bluntly replied: “Yes.”

Sadly, it looks like there won’t be any wild celebrations in the Olympic Village next year.


Jai Bednall

Wayne Bennett has told Brad Fittler to go and watch a replay of Jai Arrow’s controversial shove of a concussed James Tedesco in Origin III, telling the NSW coach he was “kidding himself” if he thought Arrow had intentionally targeted a vulnerable player.

Arrow shoved the NSW fullback’s head and then lifted him by his jersey and drove him back into the turf.

NSW legend Andrew Johns labelled Arrow’s actions as “rubbish” in commentary for Channel 9 and former NRL forward Keith Galloway labelled Arrow “a grub” on Twitter.

Fittler agreed, declaring Arrow showed a “lack of respect” in his post-match press conference, adding “he will learn from that”.

But Bennett couldn’t have been more emphatic in his support of a player he also coaches at club level.

READ MORE: Bennett slams Fittler over Arrow shot


Nic Savage

A vacant baseball stadium in Texas is set to become a permanent venue for American cricket as the United States prepares to launch its own domestic Twenty20 competition.

American Cricket Enterprises (ACE), the parent company of Major League Cricket, a T20 tournament set for 2022, has received approval from the City of Grand Prairie, west of Dallas, on a long-term lease agreement for AirHogs Stadium.

“It’s the second most popular game in the world – and I learned how to play it today via YouTube. It’s not as complicated as you think. I can’t wait to play it myself,” Grand Prairie Mayor Ron Jensen said.

The 5445-seat arena is to be increased to a 8000-capacity ground and repurposed as a dedicated cricket venue and training centre.

The redevelopment will take place throughout 2021, before it becomes the home of a Texas Major League Cricket franchise due to launch in 2022.

READ MORE: New stadium to change cricket forever

Catalan Dragons star Joel Tomkins has been whacked with an eight-game ban for supposedly trying to put his finger up an opponent’s backside.

The punishment for the horrific incident was the most severe that could be handed out.

Tomkins was hit with a Grade F charge for the moment involving opponent Richie Myler in the 55th minute of Friday’s Super League win over Leeds Rhinos.

The incident has been compared to one that saw John Hopoate banned for 12 NRL matches in 2001.

Teammate Michael McIlorum was also suspended for six matches in relation to two separate incidents.

In a statement to Wigan Today, Tomkins said: “I’m mortified I’ve been found guilty of this charge.

“My conscience is completely clear on this – there is absolutely no way I would ever attempt to do what I’ve been accused of.

“I’m not denying my hand ends up on Richie Myler’s backside, but it was completely unintended. I’ve been playing the game for 16 years and it’s not something that would cross my mind or any player’s mind.”

Former Wallaby Israel Folau signed for the Dragons earlier this year.

– with The Sun


Nic Savage

The Australian men’s cricket has not toured Pakistan since Mark Taylor’s side did so in 1998.

But after England revealed they were touring the sub-continent nation in October 2021, questions are being asked about when Australia will take the plunge.

Australia is scheduled for an away series against Pakistan in early 2022, featuring two Tests, three ODIs and three T20s.

Typically these games would be played in the United Arab Emirates, but Pakistan are keen for the Aussies to make a return after 24 years.

“We expect Australia to visit Pakistan for their FTP commitment in early 2022,” Pakistan Cricket Board chief executive Wasim Khan said.

About the author

cvxgBWcuFA

Leave a Comment