A girls high school in Adelaide’s northern suburbs has been shut down and classes evacuated after a student was diagnosed with COVID-19.
The Department for Education said the Roma Mitchell Secondary College in Gepps Cross will be closed for a minimum of 24 hours.
“Families have been contacted and students will be released in a manner agreed with parents/carers,” it posted on Twitter.
“Students have been instructed to go home and stay there until further instructions.”
Public health officials are carrying out contact tracing and will inform students if they are required to self isolate.
Students from the Mawson Lakes School and Preschool were also told the site will be closed until Monday, November 30.
Based on advice from SA Health, the Education Department said a large number of people who attended the school or co-located community early learning centre between November 11 and 13 were required to self-isolate for the 14 days up to and including November 27.
“Anyone attending the site identified as a close contact of the potentially infectious person has been informed by letter and is being contacted by SA Health’s public health officers with specific instructions,” the department said.
Health authorities are contacting everyone who visited the Aquadome in Elizabeth between 11am and 1.30pm on November 14 who may have been in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case.
South Australians who visited a busy public pool over the weekend have also been ordered to self-isolate immediately.
If you were present at the location during the listed times, you are required to isolate for 14 days and get tested immediately if symptoms appear.
SA Health has nearly doubled its list of venues with COVID health alerts, with five supermarkets and three shopping centres now on the list.
If anyone has been to the following locations, they must monitor for symptoms and get tested immediately if they appear:
- Adelaide – Bus (GA1/GA2/GA3) from bus stop near train station on November 11 from 3.40pm – 4.38pm
- Adelaide – It’s Convenient store on Waymouth St on November 14 from 6.00pm – 6.15pm
- Eastwood – Adelaide Eye and Laser Centre on November 13 from 10.00am – noon
- Edinburgh – SA Structural on November 12 from 7.00am – 3.30pm
- Elizabeth – Big W in the Elizabeth Shopping Centre on November 14 from 10.00am – 11.00am
- Findon – Woolworths Findon Road on November 14 from 8.30pm – 8.35pm
- Fulham Gardens – The Festival of Lights Function at the Fulham Gardens Community Centre on November 8
- Gepps Cross – Spotlight on November 12 from 8.30pm – 9.00pm
- Kurralta Park – Coles on November 13 from 8.30pm – 8.50pm
- Mawson Lakes – Foodland from November 14 from 1.30pm – 2.00pm
- Parafield Gardens – Martins Road Family Medical Practice (Podiatrist) on November 9 from 2.00pm – 3.00pm
- Pooraka – On The Run Pooraka on November 12 from 11.35am – 11.40am
- Bus 405 from Salisbury Bus Interchange on November 9 from 11.06am – noon
- Bus 411 from Salisbury Bus Interchange on November 11 from 4.30pm – 5.30pm
- Namaste Supermarket, Parabanks Shopping Centre on November 14 from 1.30pm – 2.00pm
- Salisbury Downs – McDonald’s Hollywood Plaza on November 13 from 10.00am – 11.00am
- Star Discount Chemist, Hollywood Plaza Surgery on November 10 from 7.30pm – 7.45pm
- Target Hollywood Plaza on November 12 from noon – 1.30pm
- Woolworths, Hollywood Plaza on November 12 from noon – 1.30pm
- South Plympton – Jai Shiv Fruit & Veg shop on Marion Rd on November 14 from 8.00pm – 8.05pm
These new locations are in addition to the following, which were announced on Monday:
- Adelaide – Bus 502 from Internode Adelaide bus stop on Grenfell Street on November 9 from 10.14am – 11.30am, November 12 from 4.30pm – 5.30pm and November 13 from 4.01pm – 5.30pm
- Adelaide – Bus (GA1/GA2/GA3) from bus stop near train station on November 7 from 5.30pm – 6.30pm and November 10 from 5.10pm – 6.30pm
- Adelaide – Mantra on Frome on November 12 from 7.30am – 4.00pm and November 13 from 7.40am – 3.45pm
- Adelaide – Metro Convenience Pty Ltd shop on Waymouth St on November 14 from 6.00pm – 6.15pm
- Elizabeth – Elizabeth Shopping Centre on November 8 from 11.00am – 12.30pm
- Elizabeth – Harris Scarfe, Elizabeth Shopping Centre on November 8 from 11.00am – 12.30pm
- Elizabeth – The Aquadome on November 14 from 11.00am – 1.30pm
- Enfield – Ekam Indian Groceries at Enfield Plaza on November 13 from 1.30pm – 4.30pm
- Ingle Farm – Coles South, Ingle Farm Shopping Centre on November 12 from 11.00am – 11.30am
- Mawson Lakes – Mint Leaf Lounge on November 12 from 5.30pm – 6.30pm
- Parafield Gardens – Parafield Plaza Supermarket on November 12 from 10.30am – 11.30am
- Pooraka – On The Run Pooraka on November 12 from 11.45am – noon
- Port Adelaide – Hungry Jacks on November 13 from 7.30pm – 12.00am and November 14 from 12.00am – 2.30am
- Salisbury – Bus 500 from Salisbury Bus Interchange on November 9 and 10 from 6.30am – 7.40am, November 11 from 6.30am – 7.30am, November 12 from 6.30am – 7.40am and November 13 from 6.40am – 7.40am
- Salisbury – Bus 411 from Salisbury Bus Interchange on November 9 from 11.30am – 11.45am
- Salisbury – Salisbury Bus Interchange on November 7 from 6.30pm and November 9 from 11.30am – noon
- Salisbury – Salisbury City Fruit Bowl on November 13 from 10.00am – 10.15am
- Salisbury Downs – Hollywood Plaza Surgery on November 13 from 7.15am – 7.20am and November 14 from 10.00am – 11.00am
- Salisbury Downs – Star Discount Chemist, Hollywood Plaza Surgery on November 14 from 10.00am – 11.00am
- Salisbury Downs – Woolworths, Hollywood Plaza Surgery on November 13 from 10.00am – noon and November 14 from 10.00am – 11.00am
- Woodville South – Woodville Pizza Bar on November 13 and 14 from 6.30pm – 8.30pm
The Health Department is also in the process of contacting everyone who was in the Emergency Department at Lyell McEwin Hospital between 5.30pm on November 13 and 8am on November 14 who may have been in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case.
If you have visited this location during this time, and have not been contacted by SA Health, you should self-quarantine immediately and call the SA COVID-19 Information line 1800 253 787.