Entertainment News

Brangelina’s major safety concerns revealed by SAS star and former bodyguard

SAS Australia star Mark “Billy” Billingham has provided a behind-the-scenes glimpse of what it was like working for one of the most famous couples in the world: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.Before the former UK military instructor joined the popular reality show, he worked as a bodyguard for some of the world’s biggest A-listers including…

SAS Australia star Mark “Billy” Billingham has provided a behind-the-scenes glimpse of what it was like working for one of the most famous couples in the world: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.

Before the former UK military instructor joined the popular reality show, he worked as a bodyguard for some of the world’s biggest A-listers including the former Hollywood pair and their six children.

Opening up about his time with the family, he said their one major security concern was their children being kidnapped, adding that it was “all about money”.

RELATED: Merrick Watts reveals depression battle

Among Billy’s former employers were Tom Cruise, Kate Moss and Sir Michael Caine – with a long stint for Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie who are embroiled in a lengthy and messy divorce.

Speaking to Now to Love recently, Billy described working for the pair as “great”.

“The biggest concern for them was the kidnapping of the kids, it’s all about money,” the 53-year-old said of his 18 months working for the family.

“Angie and Brad are very worried about who goes near the children.”

RELATED: New details emerge of messy Brangelina split

Billy also said he “learnt a lot” from the stars.

“The one thing that surprised me about working with Brad and Angelina was their time management, and how they had time to do everything from family life to work and to charity,” he said.

“I learned a lot of lessons from them, they learned a lot from me and the beauty of working together was the mutual respect.”

Pitt and Jolie are currently locked in a bitter custody battle following their 2016 split.

The former couple, who met in 2004 when filming action comedy Mr & Mrs Smith, married in 2014, but filed for divorce in September 2016 following an incident on a plane when Brad allegedly lost control of himself and clashed with son Maddox, who was 16 at the time.

They released a joint statement revealing they’d agreed to settle their divorce in private.

The battle over Pax, 16, Zahara, 15, Shiloh, 14, and twins Knox and Vivienne, 12, kicked off behind closed doors last month, with the pair taking part via Zoom.

It is set to be one of the most expensive and drawn-out custody battles in Hollywood history, with sources revealing there has been “a hell of a lot of finger pointing” from each camp.

Brad is reportedly calling three times as many witnesses as his ex, who has named seven, including herself and Brad.

A source said: “Brad and Angelina have been at a total impasse for longer than anyone can remember.

“They’ve hired the best attorneys money can buy and any previous hope of coming to a civilised compromise outside of court has well and truly dissolved now.”

The source added: “It’s incredibly sad it has come to this. There’s unlikely to be an official ruling until right before Christmas and, of course, in the meantime it’s all hanging over the family’s heads like the darkest of clouds.”

A decision is expected at the next court date on December 21, but it could be put back depending on how the case goes.

It has already been agreed that their eldest son, Maddox, now 19, can decide for himself when he wants to see his dad.

Pitt, 56, has reportedly split from his married 27-year-old model girlfriend Nicole Poturalski, after the two were spotted together in August.

About the author

cvxgBWcuFA

Leave a Comment