After a bumper first week of finals action, semi-final week is here and it kicks off with plenty of heat on reigning premier Richmond.
After discipline cost the Tigers dearly in their qualifying final against Brisbane last week, Damien Hardwick’s men can’t afford another slip up.
Herald Sun tipping guru Chris Cavanagh takes a look at the game from a punter’s perspective to try and find you a winner.
Richmond v St Kilda
TAB Odds: Richmond $1.29, St Kilda $3.60
Richmond has attracted 93 per cent of head-to-head support with TAB to defeat St Kilda
CHASING THE MONEY
– Richmond’s 15-point qualifying final loss to Brisbane last Friday snapped a six-match winning streak.
– St Kilda has won three of its past four matches, including a three-point elimination final triumph over the Western Bulldogs last Saturday.
– The Saints scored a 26-point win over the Tigers when these two sides last met in Round 4, but the Tigers had won the previous four encounters dating back to Round 23, 2017.
– Richmond holds a 6-0 record at Metricon Stadium this season, with St Kilda having gone 2-1 at the ground.
– Returning Tigers key forward Tom Lynch has kicked 28 goals from 16 games this season, including two majors against the Saints in Round 4.
– The Saints average one point a game less than the Tigers offensively, but concede four points a game more defensively.
– Richmond averages 47 inside-50s a game, with St Kilda averaging 41.
– The Saints average 30 clearances a game, with the Tigers averaging just 25.
Watch the 2020 Toyota AFL Finals Series on Kayo with every game before the Grand Final Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >
TAB FRIDAY NIGHT SPECIAL
Richmond’s Tom Lynch and St Kilda’s Max King to combine for 4+ goals is $3.50.
It’s hard to go past the Tigers, who are regaining key forward Tom Lynch at the same time the Saints have lost key pair Paddy Ryder and Jake Carlisle. Richmond has also not lost at Metricon this year. Consider the Tigers by 1-39 points at $1.75.
AFL HOT MULTI
The most popular teams this week with TAB
Richmond d St Kilda $1.29
Geelong d Collingwood $1.67
Hot Multi Price: $2.15
BETS OF NOTE
$7000 @ $1.29 on Richmond d St Kilda
$6000 @ $1.29 on Richmond d St Kilda
$5008 @ $1.70 on Geelong d Collingwood
$5000 @ $1.38 on Richmond d St Kilda
$5000 @ $1.32 on Richmond d St Kilda