Round 17 is set to start with a bang, with St Kilda taking on West Coast.
We’ve taken a look at the game from a punter’s perspective to try and find you a winner.
Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season. Watch every match of every round Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >
ST KILDA v WEST COAST
Gabba, Thursday 7.10pm
TAB odds: St Kilda $1.85, West Coast $2
Line: St Kilda -2.5 points $1.95, West Coast +2.5 points $1.85
Moneyball: West Coast has attracted 60 per cent of head-to-head support with TAB
CHASING THE MONEY
– THE Saints are coming off a four-day break since scoring a 14-point win over Hawthorn on Sunday.
– THE Eagles are coming off a four-day break since suffering a two-point loss to Western Bulldogs on Sunday.
– ST KILDA’s win over the Hawks ended a two-game losing streak.
– WEST Coast has lost two of its past three games since going on an eight-game winning run.
– THE Eagles scored an 18-point win last time these teams met in Round 8 last year.
– WEST Coast has won 10 of its past 11 games overall against the Saints dating back to Round 8, 2012.
– ST KILDA holds a 2-2 record at the Gabba this season, while West Coast has gone 2-1 at the venue.
– THE Eagles hold a 3-5 record in Queensland this season, having gone 7-0 at home in Perth.
– ST KILDA is averaging three points more per game than West Coast this season, but is also conceding three points more defensively.
– THE Saints are averaging 41 inside-50s per game this season to West Coast’s 39, however the Eagles are averaging more clearances, 32-29.
Both teams are coming off four-day breaks, but this is remarkably West Coast’s fifth game in 19 days. That’s got to pinch. I think a fresher St Kilda can cause an upset. Saints by 1-39 points at $2.10 looks like value.
TAB THURSDAY NIGHT SPECIAL
St Kilda’s Dan Butler and West Coast’s Josh Kennedy to combine for 4+ goals is $3.
ROUND 17 BIG BETS WITH TAB
$2,500 @ $4 on Richmond (Premiership)
$2,000 @ $1.90 on Geelong -2.5 v Richmond
$2,000 @ $1.14 on Port Adelaide v Essendon
$1,000 @ $21 on Collingwood (Premiership)
$1,000 @ $2 on Geelong v Richmond (two separate bets)
ROUND 17 HOT MULTI
Geelong d Richmond $1.72
Fremantle d North Melbourne $1.50
Port Adelaide d Essendon $1.14
Western Bulldogs d Hawthorn $1.35
AFL Round 17 Hot Multi Price: $3.97