News Sports

Swans respond to ‘very serious’ Elijah Taylor allegations

The Sydney Swans have confirmed they are aware of “very serious” allegations regarding rookie Elijah Taylor.Taylor made headlines last month when his partner entered the club’s quarantine accommodation in Perth, which was not permitted in the AFL’s return to play protocols.The Swans were given a $50,000 fine, and the 19-year-old was stood down from the…

The Sydney Swans have confirmed they are aware of “very serious” allegations regarding rookie Elijah Taylor.

Taylor made headlines last month when his partner entered the club’s quarantine accommodation in Perth, which was not permitted in the AFL’s return to play protocols.

The Swans were given a $50,000 fine, and the 19-year-old was stood down from the club for the remainder of the season.

On Saturday evening, the Sydney Swans released a statement acknowledging the distressing allegations, which were posted to social media by his aforementioned partner.

“The Sydney Swans are aware of allegations made on social media regarding first year player Elijah Taylor,” the statement read.

“The allegations are very serious and are being treated as such.

“The club had notified the AFL and is not in a position to comment further at this time.”

Western Australia Police responded to the situation on Sunday with a brief statement.

“At this stage, WA Police Force is unable to provide comment,” a police media officer told news.com.au.

Fox Sports reporter Tom Morris confirmed Taylor — who is currently in Perth with his family — and his manager were also aware of the allegations.

“Any allegations that the club classifies as serious is absolutely worth being investigated by the club and also the AFL,” Morris told Fox Footy.

Herald Sun reporter Mark Robinson tweeted: “If allegations are true, he has more worries than the end of a football career.”

Taylor’s manager, Tom Seccull, issued a statement to Fox Footy in relation to the allegations levelled at the Swans youngster.

“Elijah, the club and AFL are all aware of the allegations,” Seccull’s statement to foxfooty.com.au read.

“However, given the seriousness and sensitivity for those involved, we’re not in a position to comment further at this stage.”

On Sunday, the Herald Sun reported the AFL’s integrity team will interview Taylor regarding the allegations.

In August, Taylor’s partner was in the news after she was alleged to have crossed a golf course and jumped multiple fences in order to enter the Swans’ biosecurity bubble. She spoke with Channel 7 soon after, confirming the true events surrounding the meet up, claiming there was no scaling of any fences.

“No security, I didn’t see a security guard,” she said.

“I just walked through, went to his room. That’s how easy it was. I didn’t jump any fences.”

Following last month’s infamous biosecurity breach, the Swans and the AFL were condemned by WA Premier Mark McGowan.

“It’s very disappointing,” McGowan said.

“The AFL gave us every assurance this wouldn’t happen. The Swans have let us down, the AFL has let us down. We’re disappointed in both organisations.

“I received an apology from the AFL this morning. I appreciate that but … they promised us this wouldn’t happen and they let us down.”

Leave a Comment